University isn't the right path for everyone, but if it's right for you then these top tips from a third-year student might help you navigate your uni experience.
Róisín, an EY Foundation ambassador and alum, is studying Business Management and Legal Studies at University of Aberdeen. She’s shared her top tips with us to help you make the most of your time.
Watch the full video below to hear Róisín expand on these points...
- Be open minded – you won’t know what you’re going to do or where you’ll find yourself at university
- You’re not going to be friends with everyone, and that’s totally fine
- Learn to cook basic recipes (see the video below for Roisin’s favourite pasta recipe)
- Budgeting really helps, use an excel spreadsheet or a free app
- Use your student discount
- Don’t buy books, borrow them from the library or if you need to buy get them second-hand
- Balance ‘uni life’ with ‘university life’
- You don’t need to have loads of friends
- Planning and organisation is very important
- If you’re able, go home when you need to